Sunday, June 13, 2010

BBBC 2010: Day 1 - A Fresh Face to the World of Blogging

Hey everyone!

This is my first post for the Big Bad Blogger Challenge of 2010 which was started by the lovely, Alicia Chenaux.

This is also my first blog post ever! I can't believe it took a blogging challenge to get me out there. I have always been interested in the idea of blogging but I didn't feel like I had much to say, I was busy or I was feeling intimidated. I really like this challenge idea because it actually brings a purpose to my daily ramblings.

I am also thinking about posting some Second Life pictures along with my posts. I really don't have many exciting photographs, so I am still considering this option. I originally created this blog for my Second Life fashion pictures but I never got the courage to put my work out there yet, so maybe this blogging challenge will give me an initial boost.

I am a fresh new college graduate! Whoo hoo! While I am looking for a new job in this wonderful job market that we have available (sarcasm), I will be spending my free time doing stuff I love and have never been able to do on a daily basis. Activities that were required by my professors such as reading and writing have led me to feeling burnt out. The last thing I wanted to do was read and write for fun besides the occasional blog posts.

Now that I am done with school, I am going to take advantage of this opportunity to engage in these activities and this blogging challenge is a great way to start it all off. So, although, I can't answer the daily challenge questions, I have a good reason for it.

Anyways, I just wanted to thank Alicia for creating this challenge and pushing all of us out there. I am really excited to read everyone's challenge responses, so hurry up and put them up!

2 comments:

  1. First...congrats on graduating! Yeah!!! I remember how amazing it felt to finally graduate after busting my ass for so so long. I was lucky to get a job right away but that was...cough, cough...1996. Something amazing will come your way.
    As far as blogging...who cares what you write about. Write for you, write about things you love, things that you want to share...anything. Don't ever be intimidated, everyone had to start sometime! I have so much to grow to be at where I want to be...but I set the bar for myself.
    Good luck to you! I will add you to my blog roll!

    xo - Sophia Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! Lucky you, I hope to get a job very soon but I don't expect it as to not get my hopes up to high. I really enjoy writing although I find myself going a bit crazy and writing super long posts. I need to learn to consolidate and clarify myself better. I think this blogging thing is going to make me a better writer. :-)

    ReplyDelete