Friday, August 27, 2010

Life As We Know It

Time has passed by so fast and many things have happened since the last time I blogged. I really thought I would continue blogging at least on a weekly basis but that didn’t happen. I am an avid blog reader but writing my own blog post takes up so much of my energy that I just avoid it. I enjoy writing and expressing my thoughts, feelings and ideas but it takes up a lot of my mental energy. I happened to pass by my blog and reread some of my posts today. As soon as I finished reading them, I automatically received this surge of energy and interest in writing a blog post.

Now, I am not going to go into detail about the last couple months but I do want to write about something that I noticed today. I managed to pass by my friend’s blog: Quaintly Tuqiri. I have been so caught up in my own life that I had not realized she had created a final post on her Second Life blog. She decided to not renew her domain because she rarely spends time in SL anymore and has stopped blogging about it. When I read that last post, I didn’t know how to feel. I noticed her interest and amount of time in SL dwindling down as the months have past. Even though we weren’t friends in SL, I enjoyed reading her posts as they were always entertaining and made me laugh. I will definitely miss reading about her adventures in SL.

Since I had started reading her blog at the beginning of this year, I had missed a lot of her previous experiences. I decided to go back to the first post in January 2008 and read all the way to the last post, kind of like a novel. I am only half way through and I am enjoying every moment. Reading about all the challenges, friendships, transformations and adventures that she experienced in SL made me realize how much this virtual world can impact a human being (for better or worse).

To many people, SL is just a game but to others, it is another world where they can learn, create, relax, love, etc. Some come into this unique world and leave as fast they arrived while others stick around to see what it can offer them. Life is constantly moving forward and so are people. I just want to take this moment to wish Quaintly the best in her life. I hope that experiencing SL has created positive memories that will never be forgotten for her. Luckily, I still am able to follow her first life blog and I am honored to continue being apart of her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment